Cultivate the City invites you to become a member of our unique urban Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program for the 2017 season. CSA membership allows you to develop a relationship with your District farmers and become intimately involved with where your food is grown. Supporting local agriculture is an important way to keep urban farming a vital industry and provide your family with healthy and convenient food options .
Benefits to you and your family include expanding your healthy eating choices, being exposed to new varieties of vegetables, and learning about local agriculture.
There are two types of CSA Programs:
Produce CSA and Seedling CSA
(See Sign-ups to the left)
Details for Produce CSA:
- Our full 2017 CSA share* is 30 weeks long, broken up into 3, 10-week seasons: Spring, Summer and Fall.
- Each weekly share provides you roughly 8-10 freshly harvested fruits, vegetables and herbs from our farms and partner farms
- Some weeks will include bonus prepared foods such as apple sauce, salad dressings, pesto, hot sauce and other locally made goodies.
- Pick up at one of our School Garden Markets: JO Wilson Elementary School, Miner Elementary School or C.W. Harris Elementary School OR at our new Dupont Circle Location; Pansaari Restaurant.
- Only $250 for each 10-week share, due at the beginning of each season and are reserved on a first come, first served basis.... so sign up now!
*For each full 2017 CSA share sold, we will donate one Thanksgiving box of fresh produce and locally finished food products to local families in need.