Impacting More Than 2,000 DC Youth in 2017!
We are proud to serve:
- JO Wilson Elementary School
- CW Harris Elementary School
- Miner Elementary School
- IDEA PCS
- Gallaudet University
UTILIZE YOUR SCHOOL'S GREEN SPACE
1. Field Trip: Plan a trip to one our farm locations, and participate in an interactive lesson about vertical farming and eating in season. $150.00 for 15 students.
2. Class on Site: Enjoy a lesson hosted by CTC on different wildlife found in the garden or preparing a meal in season. $150.00 for 15 students.
**Past the 15 students, there is a fee of $15.00 charged per extra student**
3. Site Visit: Utilize CTC expertise to expand your schools' green space. Includes price quote to install VEG towers, Zip Grows or Tower Gardens. $200.00 consultation; $100.00 credit towards materials from CTC.
If you would like to learn more, please email email@example.com
4. Affiliate School:
- Strive to work with at least 6 classes to incorporate weekly garden classes into their schedule. CTC leads these classes and focuses on the next generation science standards and STEM.
- Partner with the school to host special events such as Strawberry & Salads Greens week where students are exposed to local, fresh strawberries and different greens.
- Host weekly markets where we sell produce from the garden, and our other locations through out the city. A portion of the proceeds goes back into the school garden.
- Conduct a Community Supported Agriculture Program which co-insides with our markets.
- Includes general maintenance including weeding, harvesting and more.
If you would like to be considered an CTC affiliate school, please tell us more here.